Turkish Get-Up Workshop
With Maria Bascetta
Friday September 13: 4:00pm-6:00pm
Every once in a while the Fitness world is granted a magical exercise with loads of benefits.
The Turkish Get-Up, it could be argued is one of those magical things. It has loads of benefits. Unlike with the limitation of crawling (which occurs in one posture) the get-up works through several postures of the neurodevelopmental sequence: supine, rolling, crawling, asymmetrical stance, unilateral stance, and symmetrical stance. You can proceed to add load to the get up to magnify strength and stability components.
Other reasons it’ s so beneficial:
1. Promotes cross lateralization (getting right brain to work with left side)
2. Promotes upper body stability
3. Promotes lower body stability
4. Promotes reflexive stability of the trunk and extremities
5. Ties the right arm to the left leg, and left arm to the right leg
6. Gets the upper extremities working reciprocally (legs, too)
7. Stimulates the vestibular system (one of three senses that contributes to balance)
8. Stimulates the visual system (second of three senses that contributes to balance)
9. Stimulates the proprioception system (third sense that contributes to balance)
10. Promotes spatial awareness
11. Develops a front/back weight shift
12. Develops upper body strength, trunks strength, and hip strength
Duration of clinic: 2 hours
PLEASE NOTE: Free to register, donations accepted after the workshop concludes via cash or venmo!